Last updated 4 years ago
Here are a few Tips for a Happy and Safe Halloween:
- Young children should trick or treat with an adult.
- Make sure your child carries a flashlight, glow stick or has reflective tape on their costume and bags to make them more visible to cars.
- Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips and falls.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats unless you know the cook well.
- Enter homes only if you’re with a trusted adult. Otherwise, stay outside.
- Cross the street safely at corners, walk on sidewalks or paths.
- Stop and look both ways when crossing driveways.
- Slow down and stay alert.